Sunday, October 23, 2005

this irritates me no end

Ad Guru Resigns Over Comments About Women

Listen closely: WOMEN ARE NOT LED AROUND BY OUR OVARIES!!!!
I've been watching "Commander In Chief" on tv these last few weeks. And I always find myself getting irritated as the show goes on. Every week. I was discussing it with my Dad when I finally figured it out why I get so bugged. I am so tired by the patronizing behavior of the men on the show. They're supposed to be grown adults. But they spend their time playing petty, immature tricks.
How about this: women are fully capable of running their own lives, families, companies, or countries as needed. I'm pretty sure Golda Meir and Indira Gandhi made decisions to have bombs dropped as they saw necessary. Without someone their holding their hands.
Men would be furious if we repeated seriously, that mean are lead around by their penises. But men feel quite comfortable asserting that women are weaker and will be led about by their ovaries. Neither is true.

No comments: