Wednesday, December 28, 2005

There is no "honor" in this. There is only shame.

Pakistani Describes Killing of Daughters

I can't even begin to verbalize the horror and sadness I felt reading this story. What sort of a father brutally murders his own daughters to save his "honor"? And the adultery didn't even happen, it looks like. From the report it seems as if the eldest fled an abusive husband, who then said she committed adultery. So she had to be killed. This "father" deserves to spend the rest of his life rotting in jail.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Yeah. I read that yesterday. It's sickening. It's sad that there's that kind of a mindset/belief that could compel you to brutally murder your own children.

And this isn't an isolated incident as I understand it. I've read about this and seen accounts of this on TV. Males of families many times hunt down and murder female members- all because of "dishonorable sex" or an "unblessed" union (or even a suspicion).

I understand that there are different cultures and all, but MURDER can never be justified.