Monday, April 24, 2006

oh BULLSHIT!

Kaavya Speaks: 'I Sincerely Apologize'

Yeah, she's just sorry she got caught!

Mediabistro's got a great round up of the situation at Viswanathan Confesses to
"Unintentional & Unconscious" Echoes


And the Harvard Crimson has got an extensive list of similarities between the two books. Examples of Similar Passages Between Viswanathan's Book and McCafferty's Two Novels

Some of my friends and I were talking about this today. I'm a well know McCafferty fan and I've passed her books onto many a young patron here at work. So my friends knew I'd be angry about it. But I don't think even I had realized just how much plagiarism bothers me. Just do your own work! I don't know about the rest of you, but writing is hard. Words don't always come tripping of my fingertips. I have to think about what I want to say and how I want to say it. Which is why writers are like superstars to me. I'm in awe of what they do. And how much work they put into it.
Miss Viswanathan did a bad thing. And then compounded her guilt by denying it. I'll say it again. She's a cobag.
By the way, I find what she did to be much worse that what James Frey did. At least he came up with the whole story by himself.

No comments: