Monday, April 24, 2006

Why are the young women of my people fucking it up for the rest if us?

First there was the ridiculous Ruth Malhota, Christians Sue for Right Not to Tolerate Policies who is suing for the right to be a bigot. To use the correct term for her, Ruth is a massive cobag!
And in today's news comes the story of 19 year old Kaavya Viswanathan, the Harvard Sophomore who appears to have lifted whole passages of Megan McCafferty's books Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings for her (Kaavya's) new book. I'm not going to put the title here because she certainly doesn't deserve the publicity. The Harvard Crimson has plenty to say on the subject. Student'’s Novel Faces Plagiarism Controversy
Examples of Similar Passages Between Viswanathan's Book and McCafferty's Two Novels
Kaavya is now also quite the cobag herself! I hope she loses every cent of the $500,000 advance she got from Little, Brown and that Dreamworks drop her right on her ass.

I will admit, I am a little extra indignant, because I've read both Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings and I think they're wonderful.
But what on earth is wrong with these women?

No comments: