Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh Arkansas. Why are you so repulsive and hateful?

Ban on unmarried adoptions cleared for Ark. ballot

Once again, some sort of hateful reactionary bullshit is going to show up on a ballot. I could start ranting on the stupidity of the Arkansas legislators that think it's so much better to leave children in orphanages instead of allowing them to be placed with people who would love them and take care of them.
"Arkansas needs to affirm the importance of married mothers and fathers," Family Council President Jerry Cox said. "We need to publicly affirm the gold standard of rearing children whenever we can. The state standard should be as close to that gold standard of married mom and dad homes as possible."

Charming quote right? Wouldn't you think that a state that continuously languishes near the bottom of, oh every indicator, would have way more important things to worry about?
Apparently not.
Shameful haters.

1 comment:

Stacy Pitts said...

I'm living in Arkansas at the moment. I'm single, 39, and would love to adopt. But, thanks to these legislative fucktards, I probably won't be able to. I'd love to get married but every guy I meet is a moron. Meanwhile, I have a trust fund, own 2 homes, and I'm not gonna marry just to please these idiots. Why are they so up in other peoples business? No sex life, too nosey, and no life of their own. So, they get involved in politics! Ugh, like I said -- fucktards.