Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A few thoughts.

I'm still trying to process the events of yesterday. It'll probably take me a while.
I am absolutely over the moon about Barack Obama's victory. And absolutely devastated by the fact that Prop 8 passed. Surprisingly, it is possible to be both at the same time.
I went to a blogger party last night. Which was fantastic.
But before that, I went to dinner with a friend. We were in a bar at 8:00 when the race was called. And you know, it was so powerful being in that place. The entire bar absolutely exploded in cheers when the race was called. People were screaming and crying and hugging each other. And everybody else. And calling their friends.
It was simply such an indescribable day.

2 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Feck that! I can marry anyone I want and no judge, cornhole state, or redneck is telling me others!

Power to the people because change is coming!

maru said...

I live in deep-red Redneckville, NJ, but sometime around midnight on Election Night, someone down the road set off fireworks and started whooping -- I was crying and laughing at the same time. It was so beautiful!