Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A different sort of meta

Okay people seriously, can we all just stop getting distracted by "ooh shiny"?
And I don't just mean in the blogospere and the media.
Fuck, I've given up on the media not getting distracted by "ooh shiny." Hell, it would be like asking them to put on their big girl/boy pants and do some actual work. I can say it until I'm blue in the face but it's never going to happen.
And I guess I'm getting to that same point with politicians as well. Joe Wilson and ACORN are distractions. Stop being played for fools. Once again, apparently too much to ask.
And dammit. Now I have to deal with "ooh shiny" here at work as well! Listen, we don't know what's going to happen. It is well and truly out of our hands. Just do what you're supposed to. For once. Stop making up scenarios. Just stop.
Remember the end goals.
Health care reform
Keeping your job.
These are far more important than the distractions you keep getting involved in.

No comments: