Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I don't understand the desperate need to kill

Troy Davis: 10 reasons why he should not be executed

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv. But I'm pretty sure there has to be some evidence actually linking a person to the crime they're being put to death for. And in the case of Troy Davis, evidence seems to be absolutely lacking.
The state of Georgia is rushing to kill him.
7 of 9 people have recanted their sworn testimony. 1 has not spoken about the case ever in 20 years. And the last is one person who originally Davis was the murderer. And has been spoken of by more than one person as being the real killer.

By the way, the evil racist who dragged James Byrd to death and confessed is also supposed to be put to death today. I oppose that state death as well.

No comments: