Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Why does my heart feel so bad

My heart hurts today. I just have to thank my lucky stars that I have a day job that keeps me from watching the news all day. But here's what I caught on the blogs:
American heroes Max Cleland and Jim Rassman go to chimpy's play ranch to deliver a letter asking him to denounce the lies being spouted by the swiftboat liars for bush. Chimpy sends out Jim Patterson, a man who has received at least $150000 from Bob Perry (but there's no coordination between the campaign and 527), to deliver a letter to John Kerry. What a flaming coward!
Hey chimpy! I've lived in the South. A true gentleman would have some out and greeted these gentleman and offered them some refreshment. What did you do? Send out a Secret Service agent in a kevlar vest. To face down a man with one arm. In a wheelchair.
What were you doing chimpy? Was Unka Karl reading you the end of "The Pet Goat"?

And then I come home to read about the poor father in Florida who set the Marine van on fire in his despair upon hearing about the death of his eldest son. I cannot even begin to deceive the horror and sadness that I feel about this.

No comments: