Wednesday, September 28, 2005

what to say to this?

Flight Attendants Say Boycott 'Flightplan'

Four years ago I flew from Houston to Los Angeles the day after being in hospital with a kidney stone. Probably not the clearest of thinking, but such is life.
I was on fake vicodin but I was still in a heck of a lot of pain. In fact, I spent more than half the flight either puking in the bathroom or literally sobbing with agony in the back galley of the plane.
Believe me, I am not exaggerating this one tiny little bit.
Not one flight attendant on that trip offered me any assistance of any kind. Not one of them asked me if I was all right. Not one of them asked me if I needed any help. Not one even spoke to me as I was crouched over sobbing in the galley. Not. One.

So what I'm saying is that while there may be plenty of excellent flight attendants in the world, not all of them are great. In fact, there are plenty of callous and uncaring flight attendants. Maybe they should concentrate on that, and not worry about imaginary characters in a movie.

1 comment:

shayera said...

i'm telling you, that return flight was completely unpleasant.
yeah, that story cracked me up when i first read it. as if they're all such perfect paragons.